Do you have mold in your home? It’s a critical issue that you should be aware of. Mold in your home can cause health issues and impact your home’s foundation and structural integrity.
Mold in your home can cause serious problems including large remediation bills. In addition, invisible mold can destroy your home silently. Here are a few things you can do to prevent mold from taking over your home.
Preventing a serious mold issue in your home
Mold can thrive anywhere that there is moisture and organic matter available to feed on. Basements are a common area where mold can multiply quickly. It can damage the basement and cause health problems like headaches, stuffy noses, coughing, and allergies.
If the mold in your basement is a potential health and safety hazard, how do you eliminate it? Let’s take a look at how you can identify mold, get rid of invisible mold, identify the products to use and not to use when eliminating mold. Let’s also look at how to determine when to hire a mold treatment expert and what it may cost you.
What causes mold to grow in the basement?
Mold can be found everywhere because it is a part of the natural environment. The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says that “Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided.”
Members Only Content
To continue reading please subscribe to WellnessPlus by Dr. Jess MD
Be your own best doctor with our comprehensive suite of online health coaching tools.