Hair elements analysis provides information regarding recent and ongoing exposure to potentially toxic metals, especially methylmercury and arsenic, and time-averaged status of specific nutrient elements.
Available to our US & Canada customers only, in the US we’re unable to fulfill this particular lab order for customers residing in NY, NJ, and RI. You may be charged a separate shipping fee for home kits and/or a Labcorp blood draw fee if applicable. You’ll receive a confirmation email from Evexia from which you may make payment and complete your order.
Navigate your way to healthier living by understanding your exposure to potentially toxic metals. Our Hair Toxic Metal Exposure Profile provides a comprehensive analysis of recent and ongoing exposure, offering an intimate look into your body’s interaction with essential and toxic elements.
- In-depth Analysis: Learn about your exposure to potentially harmful metals like methylmercury and arsenic, as well as the status of specific nutrient elements.
- Simple Sampling: Non-invasive and easy; only 0.25 grams of hair are required.
- Expanded Lineup: An extensive range of toxic metals, ensuring comprehensive insights.
- Hair as an Excretory Tissue: Hair is a unique recorder of element metabolism, capturing a timeline of your exposure and retention. As protein forms in the hair follicle, elements are fixed into the hair, offering a rich source of data.
- Temporal Record: Hair’s growth rate offers a chronological account of element metabolism and toxic element exposure.
- Toxic Concentration: Harmful elements can be concentrated up to 200-300 times more in hair than in blood or urine, making hair an ideal tissue for detecting recent exposure to toxic metals.
- U.S. EPA Acknowledgement: The CDC values hair mercury levels as an essential marker for neurotoxic methylmercury exposure from certain dietary sources.
- Modern Technological Advancements: Refined methodologies and cutting-edge instruments ensure accurate hair element analysis.
Note on External Contamination: Hair treatments and certain products can externally contaminate hair. Hence, it’s imperative to rule out these factors while interpreting results.
Applications: The Hair Toxic Metal Exposure Profile is a cost-effective preliminary screening tool for potential excess, deficiency, or imbalances of elements. While valuable, it should be used in conjunction with observed symptoms and other diagnostic tests.
Choose this at-home test for an insightful peek into your body’s mineral status and potential toxic exposure. Understand, interpret, and take charge of your health with Doctor’s Data Hair Toxic Metal Exposure Profile.
Normally, testing requires a Doctors order but with your Wellness Plus membership, Dr. Jess has created a very special opportunity to have this testing completed without having to see a practitioner.
Sample Type: Home Kit - Hair