So you are getting ready to do a parasite cleanse! And you want to get the most out of it. So in this article we will go over nutritional recommendations and even some specific recipes to include as you move through this deep cleansing process.
To start, we will go over some of the foods to reduce or eliminate, or be aware of when it comes to parasite cleansing. When it comes to food choices, some are the actual sources of parasites, and others are foods that affect the terrain such that it creates a friendly environment for them to remain. Overall we want to eat a well-balanced, variety rich diet, consisting of whole/real foods, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and as organic and high quality as possible.
Foods to avoid or limit
- Undercooked/Improperly Prepared Animal Protein: Sushi, Sashimi, Seared Meat.
- If you eat wild game, please research properly handling and cooking recommendations to kill off pathogens. It depends on the species what is recommended.
- Certain spores survive freezing, so once you defrost meat, immediately cook it rather than letting it sit at room temp or fridge temp for very long.
- Thoroughly cooking meat will kill most parasites, make sure it’s no longer pink and reaches at least 145 degrees (throughout, so check several places)
- Using a pressure cooker, slow cooker, stews and such, this maintains nutritional content and tenderness while killing off most pathogenic bacteria and parasites.
- Unwashed Produce, or Produced washed in unfiltered water
- Improperly Filtered Water
- Processed Foods/Pesticide Laden Foods
- Constipating Foods
- Dairy Products/Cheese: Raw Milks and Yogurts are less so.
- Meat can be constipating if not balanced with fiber.
- Fried Foods/Chips/Desserts
- Inflammatory Foods:
- Here we are referring to your unique food sensitivities, what sort of foods you do best with and which ones you have trouble with.
Foods to include
Try and choose at least one from each category each day. We want to infuse ourselves with such high quality nutrition that the terrain does not welcome pathogens and include specific foods known to aid in parasite/pathogen elimination.
- Fermented Foods: Sauerkraut, Fermented Beets/Carrots
- Healing Broths: Vegetarian Medicinal Broths, Or Bone Broths.
- Liquid Greens (Chlorophyll/Minerals/Phytonutrients): Fresh Green Juices or Herbal Super Infusions: Nettles, Raspberry Leaf, Horsetail, Calendula.
- Fiber/Detox Support: Beans/Lentils (if you tolerate), Whole Grains (if you tolerate), Psyllium/Acacia Fiber, Fruits (Apples, Pears, Berries), Avocados, Artichokes, Beets, Sweet Potatoes.
- Nuts/Seeds: Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds & Pumpkin Seeds are all particularly beneficial. Get Raw, Organic and Whole. Store Nuts and Seeds in a fridge or cellar to reduce spoiling.
Specific Herbs/Spices/Foods To Add:
- Garlic (Smash and let sit for 10 minutes before cooking or consuming)
- Fresh or Dried Herbs: Oregano, Thyme, Sage, Rosemary
- Bay Leaf, Anise, Fennel Seeds
- Turmeric, Ginger
- Clove, Cinnamon
- Papaya Fruit and Seeds
- Pomegranate Seeds
Recipes To Try
Parasite Cleansing Smoothie:
- 1 tbsp Raw Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tsp Raw Organic Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Psyllium or Acacia Fiber (optional)
- Small Chunk of Fresh Ginger
- Handful Organic Baby Greens
- ½ Banana or ½ Organic Avocado
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Superfood Adds: 1 tsp Moringa Powder, 1 tsp Acai Powder, or Green Powder blends.
- ½ cup Frozen or Fresh Fruits (depends on what you have and what you like)
- Frozen Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Cherries)
- Papaya, Mango, Persimmon
- Mashed Pumpkin/Sweet Potato
- Choice of Unsweetened Milk/Non Dairy Alternative/Coconut Water
- Other Optional Adds: Collagen or Protein Powders
Biofilm Busting Wellness Shots/Salad Dressing
- 2 cups of Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 5 cloves of Organic Garlic, peeled and finely chopped/smashed
- ½ Organic Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp each of fresh or dried oregano/thyme/cilantro
- Combine all of these ingredients and blend well.
- Add 1 cup of Organic Unsweetened Cranberry Juice (optional)
Take 1 shot 1-2x/day, or use as a dressing for salads.
Members Only Content
To continue reading please subscribe to WellnessPlus by Dr. Jess MD
Be your own best doctor with our comprehensive suite of online health coaching tools.